My Reflections On The Corona Virus Part 1



There is a spiritual component to the current Corona virus crisis. Before the shutdown, I went downtown to pray with the 40 days for life participants. A priest, Fr. Jim, was there and led us in the rosary. I told him this virus is a chastisement from God for the Pachamama fiasco that occurred at the Vatican. He disagreed. I reminded him there are numerous examples in the Bible where God punished the Israelites (His chosen people) for worshiping false gods. Why would God not likewise act in this situation? I am not saying that God directly sent this virus to us but rather, He permitted it.  I believe that God has lifted his hedge of protection around us. We pray for His protection but still continue to offend Him at the same time. And we do the most abominable things: abortion, same sex marriage, gender fluidity, and so on. It doesn't work like that. I further said to Fr. Jim that everyone would like to see this scourge end, so we can get our lives back to normal. If normal consists of women seeking abortion while we pray on the sidewalk, I don't want a return to normal. Abortion should be illegal. What else is normal in today's society? How about this: 
* 20% of Catholics attend Mass on Sundays. 
* Many Catholics use birth control.
* Lukewarm clergy.
* Communion in the hand.
Those things need to change as well. We have gone too far off the track. This is a wake up call.  A quick resolution to this pandemic will mean that everyone goes back to the way they were before. I am wondering if this is just the beginning of more chastisements to come.
Continue reading part 2 to see how Communion in the hand is a factor.
https://redandbluecatholicism.blogspot.com/2020/04/my-reflections-on-corona-virus-part-2.html